About Edward Smith
I was elected in 2018 and have been serving as a justice on the Third Court of Appeals since January 1, 2019. In that time I have dedicated myself to being a fair and impartial member of the court. Serving the people of the 24 counties that make up the court’s jurisdiction is an important responsibility and has been an honor and a privilege. I work hard at ensuring my docket moves forward and that matters are given the attention they deserve.
In addition to my work on the court I enjoy being active in the community. Some of the community activities I have been involved with include:
- mentoring young professionals, high school, college, and law students
- giving back to the legal community by sharing my knowledge and expertise as a speaker at many continuing legal education conferences
- member of the Barbra Jordan Inn of Court which is an organization that provides community building, education and professional development
I have also supported and volunteered with many local organizations such as, Austin ISD schools, Austin Parks Foundation, ministries at University United Methodist Church and Community First! Village.
I am married to Casey Smith and we have three very active children. I continue to try my family’s patience with my banjo playing. You can also find me out at local baseball fields such as Govalle Park in Austin where I am a member of the sandlot baseball team, East Austin Jardineros. GO JARDS!
- Age: 44
- Education: Juris Doctor (JD) Texas Wesleyan School of Law (Texas A&M University School of Law)
- Hometown: Austin
- Other: Connoisseur of dad jokes
You asked, I answered
Get involved with the campaign.